Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours

My GUNS that is!  :)
So-  how is everyone doing?  Depending on whether or not you started your workout on Sunday or Monday, you are either one workout into the challenge or two.  For me, I've only done one.

Now I received the question " Do you recommend using the machines or free weights?  What is the difference between the two (in regards to working out)?  Which will provide better results? "


I'm not an expert so Ive forwarded the question on to Brutus, and will post his response as soon as I hear from him.  I can tell you though, that when we workout together, we incorporate both Free Weights and the Weight Machines.    When I worked out on my own for the Show Me Your Guns Callenge  I used the machines solely, but that was because the gym was PACKED  and the free weights that I needed were all being used.


The one thing that I wanted to suggest to all of you that I have found incredibly helpful, is an interval trainer.  I downloaded it to my EVO (Android phone)-  it was free.  I'm not sure if they have an app like that for Blackberry though Im sure they probably do, same with IPhone.  


Anyhow,  the reason I think it's beneficial is because you set the type of intervals you want (they range from 15 seconds to 90 seconds)  and then the rest period (same range)  and it will vibrate and make noise when you are supposed to start your interval and repeat when its time to start your rest. It also changes the color of your screen from Green to Red.  So its perfect for staying on target as your working out-  so as to make sure you aren't over working or over resting.  


So this was my first Show Me Your Guns workout 


I followed workout "A"  


Arms


Barbell Bench Press  -  15 lbs  -  3 sets of 30 seconds each-  30 second rest in between
Barbell Bent Over Row-  I skipped because I couldn't remember how to do it :blush:
Seated Military Press -  20lbs  3 sets of 30 seconds each=  30 second rest in between 
Tricep Kick Back   40lbs  -  3 sets of 30 seconds each-  30 second rest in between
EZ Bar Curls  Started w/ 35 lbs (was too heavy)  so I dropped down to 30 lbs for the next two sets -  3 sets of 30 seconds each-  30 second rest in between


Legs
Squats -  with weighted balance ball -  3 sets of 30 seconds each-  30 second rest in between
Good Mornings-  these scare me.. I'm afraid of doing it incorrectly and hurting myself.   I emailed Brutus to see if he has any other suggestions of moves to do in place of them, until I can run through this one with him.
Leg Extension -  23 lbs  3 sets of 30 seconds each-  30 second rest in between
Leg Curl  -  60lbs (HOLLA!)  3 sets of 30 seconds each-  30 second rest in between
Seated Calf Raise  - 35 lbs  3 sets of 30 seconds each-  30 second rest in between


SO-  that was my workout.  How was yours?  Did you find it easy/hard.  Are you feeling great/sore/inspired?  


I'd love to hear!


Also-  if you haven't given me your photos yet- I need them ASAP.  Anyone who hasn't sent me photos by Friday will be disqualified.




Here are my starting photos, so you guys feel less shy about sharing yours...  plz excuse the hot-messed-ness that I am sporting today :)












0 comments: