Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jelly Belly

Oh. Em. Gee.  Brutus worked me to the CORE today.  And seriously, whilst working ON my core, he worked me TO my core.  Yowzers.  Mama's gonna be a world of hurt in the morning, I can feel it.

I hurt my knee.  It's been giving me problems for sometime-  but somehow over the course of this past week, my knee has decided to act like a two year old that didn't get what it wanted- and throw a temper tantrum.  So, because my knee complains every time I suggest it do something slightly harder than moderate- I have to dial back the intensity of my lower body workouts until it decides to come out from time-out.

So, instead today, Brutus decided we would work my core-  oh yeah and some arm stuff too-  but really my core got the brunt of the punishment.  For most of the workout-  we did repeated circuits-  five of them. Yes.  Five.  Though really I shouldn't complain since last time I worked out with him, he made me do six, and I was soaked in sweat by the time I was done.  So, technically with five, I got off easy-well sort of-  but don't tell him that.  Most of the things we did we regular old trainer stuff, so I won't bore you with the gritty details.  But two exercises that were new to the Millie/Brutus routine tonight:  Around The Worlds (that's what I call them anyway-  I'm sure Brutus has some trainer-techy term for them-  but for me, Around the Worlds works)  They look like this -  okay never mind- Ive spent the last twenty minutes trying to find a picture to no avail... so it's imagination time peeps.

You take a weight (mine today was a 12 pound medicine ball-  Brutus' Significant other uses a round weight that would typically go on the end of the Bench Press Bar.)-  so Brutus had me take the weight and starting on one side, rotate it about my head from side to side in a circular motion.  It works your arms, but you really need to be tucked in (abs wise) to keep the motion going.

Oh yeah, and I forgot I got to play with a Kettlebell too....  that worked the abs as well.


After we finish with our five circuits  I'm thinking "hot dog, I'm done early"  but of course not...  Brutus decides to take one of those big Swiss balls with the sand in them- which I usually SIT on- and play catch with it.  And not just any kind of catch oh no, the twisting throw cross ways and then good luck trying to catch the one Brutus throws back-  kind of catch.  Holy moly- I think we probably tossed it maybe 20 times... and seriously after the 20th one  I was WIPED OUT.

Now,  three hours later, my stomach feels like jelly and I seriously think I am going to be hurting in the morning.

BUT-  you know I love it  :)

2 comments:

Kelty said...

AWESOME workout! I'm totally jealous of your Brutus time!

See Millie Tri said...

lol :) Come to Chicago! We can workout with Brutus together!!