Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lip Service

I really don't feel right even verbalizing an excuse- I just plain old have lacked motivation this week- Im not sure if it's a combination of lack of sleep, cold weather, the fact that the gym is so busting-at-the-gills crowded that it makes me mad I have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning just to get a lane in the pool... and really that's all they are is weightless excuses. I know I need to get my butt back in gear, and I really have no idea what the heck is so hard for me to suddenly take that "first" step again. Probably knowing how badly it's gonna hurt- especially since my hiatus has been so long now. I don't even have school as an excuse- and really I won't have it as an excuse once the semester starts either, considering that I currently am only registered for one class. - I plan to register for at least one more- possibly two depending on funds and scheduling.
It's not laziness, I promise you- the fire is still here. I think it really has to do with needing some time to just recover after the frenetic pace that was my life this previous semester.

The marker was really the Hot Chocolate 5k- because after that, my life just warped into hyper speed- I was out of town then Thanksgiving, finals and final papers catapulted me through december, then Christmas and now here we are- I haven't had a chance to just do nothing- to allow some down time - so I think that is why the motivation meter is on "E"

My husband told me that I needed to get back on the wagon, because otherwise my blog is just a bunch of lip service- and he's right. But honestly I'm not giving up, I'm not throwing in the towel, Im not going to fade away into oblivian... I just need to coast in neutral - just for a few more days.

I'm going on a family vacation in March- to Orlando- so if nothing else is able to serve as motivation, the fact that Im going to be in a bathing suit at a public resort, in less than three months, and hoofing it around the Magic Kingdom, should *hopefully* be at least somewhat motivational. Oh yeah, and my BodyMedia System, according to the tracking number, will be delivered tomorrow- so hopefully that too will get me out of this funk.

I'm truly sorry I've been nothing but lip service for the past two months. :(

~Millie

0 comments: