Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sugar Sneak Attack

Artwork by Ethen Kun



So, after I was just blathering on about staying  on track two days ago....  from the creepiest of corners comes  a sugar sneak attack!  My defenses were down, my game wasn't on point-  I had a million things swimming around in my brain.. and  when I pulled up to the Starbucks drive through, I did it without even realizing what I did....  :hangs head in shame:  I ordered  :blushes:  a grande salted carmel mocha and I drank it.
The worst part?  I didn't even *realize* the sugar sin I committed until twenty minutes after it soothing warmth traveled down the gullet and settled peacefully into the old gut.  How quickly two weeks of hard fought sugar free days,  of detoxing, endless headaches and lethargy  all wiped away with one guzzle of liquid crack. (okay it was a grande- so clearly WAY more than a guzzle, but you get the point)

Dont worry though, I am already suffering for my sins. I have a headache like you wouldn't believe.  Which leads me to confession number two.  I did not do my one mile walk today either *sobs*  it was an entire day apparently of throwing everything out the window!  It is back on track with a swift kick in the rear tomorrow though, and you bet I will make myself pay for my transgressions.  I just wanted to keep you informed, in the interest of full disclosure and accountability.

Tomorrow though- will be better than today.  :)

Have you fallen off the horse recently?  Did you get right back on?  I'd love to hear about them!

0 comments: