Monday, August 22, 2011

A Friendly Challenge Amongst Friends

So my friend Meredith (whom I have previously referred to as my MB [motivational buddy]) and I have entered into a friendly wager.  In order to ensure that we both continue to strive towards fitness through the fall, where most people post Tri season tend to put on the brakes and pack on the pounds-  we have decided to put some money where our motivation is.

She and I have entered into a friendly competition to log 100 hours of exercise between now and the end of the year 12/31/11.  That breaks down to five hours of exercise a week-  which is completely doable considering the massive amounts of hours we log during Triathlon training months.  We will be checking in on the 15th and 30th of each month, logging our hours on a nice spreadsheet-  I'm still trying to find a way to keep dual counters here on the blog- but I have until the 3oth to figure that one out.

Anyhow-  the "loser" will pony up the cash for a spa day.  If by midpoint checkin someone is drastically behind in hours (ie they only have 6 hours total logged) they can buy back into the challenge at $5.00 an hour.   We each will have "Pony Up" jars to put money into depending on who loses or wins each checkin.  (Mine is not yet decorated- but I will post both tonight or tomorrow).

This is also great for me because it keeps me motivated to continue to train (which I need to do anyway) and focus on the 5K in October.  This is also an excellent motivator for me because I have so many things that are going on after the 5k.  My birthday is at the end of the month in October.  Then in November, I get to meet Skinny Emmie  when I attend an event in Louisville- so I want to look ab fab for that!  Then later in the month is my nephew's birthday so I'll be flying to San Francisco to go see him-  and since I come from a family of Paparazzi  cameras will be flashing at all of these events - and I want to look good :)  

I am quite excited for this little challenge win or lose (moneywise) we will still both come out winners (healthwise) in the end - but seriously, I want to win! :-D   So, here's to a great competition  and many, many hours of logged workouts!

0 comments: