Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Countown Clock Says 2 Months 5 Days

Um- Eek!
I keep fooling myself somehow into thinking I have more time. So that is barely NINE weeks until the TRI. I think that I am pretty much screwed at this point. Walking 3 miles, no problem, running it- heck even jogging portions of it- big problem :(
I need to make a trip back to the podiatrist and get some new inserts hopefully that helps.

No pool today, thunderstorms. Thankfully, yesterday I was just finishing it up when they shut it down. The only thing I missed was a cool down. Today though, it was thundering and lightning when I woke up so I figured why bother getting out of bed and driving all the way there only to find out the pool is closed.

I had a really long work out last night. It was a "run" night ... I jogged a bit.. still cant get past sixty seconds.... so of course the super critical inner me told me as I huffed and puffed that there is no way I'm going to make it in this little endeavor of mine. That I should just give up now and save myself the embarrassment. But I refuse. I have 2 months still, if I keep moving forward, even if I still can't run it, I'm sure I'll be able to walk it much faster.

Tonight is supposed to be a bike night, we'll have to see what the weather is like this afternoon. Currently its cloudy and drizzling.

Ive noticed in these recent weeks, that as my activity level increases and increases, I am NEVER ENDINGLY hungry. Like, seriously, all day, my stomach growls. Ive taken to drinking coffee all day long because it is the ONLY thing that seems to help keep my stomach from NOT growling in between meals. Even as it stands now, it feels like I am always eating, even though I'm really not. And it's not like I'm eating bad food when I'm hungry- it's like a meal replacement shake, or a bag of nuts, or a piece of fruit, a container of yogurt, a home made smoothie etc. So my food choices are good food choices, but it's like my body is like "yeah thanks for the appetizer, now bring on the main course"

I still can't believe I only have 8 weeks. Either these 8 weeks are going to show me what perserverence and stick-to-it-ness can achieve, or I'm going to make a total fool of myself :(

Lets hope it's the former.

~Millie

0 comments: