Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Swimming- My Neglected Red-Headed Stepchild

I received an email a few minutes ago from Swimplan asking me why I haven't logged in and updated my work outs lately (um, lets try like more than 3 months-.... thanks for staying on top of that Swimplan) actually though, in all honesty, they may have kept on top of it,but had I seen the emails I would have deleted them anyway. It's not Swimplans fault that Im neglecting my swimming.

However, for any swimmer, novice to advanced, Swimplan is a great resource to use. It gives you customized swimming plans (you can use them weekly, bi-weekly, monthly) however long it takes you to "conquer" the plan (ie when it stops beating the crap out of you everytime you're in the pool)

My email offered me premium membership (temporarily) for my non-paying membership. I don't know if this is special to me because Ive been ignoring them, or if everyone gets this current deal. But, it's worth checking out. In regards to swimming, yes I have been avoiding it like I would be annual women's doctor appointment.. but it's not because I don't love it.

I'm honestly considering changing gyms - to a place where childrens swimming classes and swim teams don't take precendence in lap swimming lanes, and where the pool doesn't feel like someone filled it with ice cubes the night previous, and where the people aren't always trying to up sell you. Of course, researching new gyms takes time- of which, I don't currently have. And waking up at 5:30 in the morning to get into a freezing cold pool because this is the only time the little kiddles aren't in the pool, doesn't really work with my current frenetic schedule.

December 8th is my yellow brick road of hope. The last day of classes until the end of January (do you hear the choir of angels singing Hallelujah?) That is when I will make my decision on whether or not to move to a new gym.

Schedules are begining to show up for the 2011 Triathlon Season. I really hope to inspire many, many people to dust off those running shoes, put air in the tires of the old bike hanging in the garage, and get out there and TRI this season. Wouldnt it be great to have a whole contingent of people running and passing along that inspiration.

The hampsters in the old brain have been working overtime churning the idea wheel... more to come as the weeks progress... but I want everyone over the next few months to start thinking about it.... "What if *I* TRI-ed"

Til next time!

~Millie :)

0 comments: