Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Am Officially A Triathlete!

It's Sunday night, and after a hot shower a nap and some dinner, I'm finally starting to feel "normal" again. I still am in disbelief that I actually finished. I keep having to remind myself that YES I did just complete a Triathlon. I didn't make an ass of myself, I didn't fall, I didn't have to bail and walk up hills, and I finished in a respectable enough time. I finished in 2 hours and 47 minutes. Slower than my projected 2:32 but it was those transitions that got me. Im still trying to process everything from today, so this is going to be a short post. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night (I spent the better part of the night fretting about the race) so my brain isn't working all that well. I will write a better wrap up post tomorrow, but I am still just totally amazed at what I accomplished today. And I honestly could not have done it without my very large cheering section! I felt so loved, so buoyed by all the support that it really kept me going.

I also wanted everyone to know that I renewed the rights to See Millie Tri for another two years. Even though this was the end of my solo triathlon journey... I still have so much to go and this really is just the beginning for me and a whole new world of "YOU CAN!'s " I also have the Co-Ed Naperville Triathlon to look forward to in August with my dad and sister. And I am so thrilled that I get to share this experience with them. I can not even do justice to the feelings of accomplishment, fullfillment, satisfaction... Id don't even know how to describe it, but really, crossing that finish line.. knowing that I followed something through from start until finish I just can not even verbalize how that feels. Im sure the writer in me will return after a good nights sleep... but right now Thank you.. everyone.... family, friends, complete strangers that read my blog and send me emails.... I really do share this with each and every one of you!

Until tomorrow...

Millie xo

0 comments: