Friday, June 11, 2010

Almost Game Time!

I can't believe I'm writing this and two days from now I will be attempting the greatest, scariest, most intense feat I think I have ever attempted. I am a ball of nerves, and so, so afraid that I am in over my head. But, there's no turning back now. I have set out on this path for such a long time now, that I would be doing a great injustice to myself if I did not see this thing through.

My greatest concern now, is the bike. With the new seat that isn't exactly comfortable, and a course that looks more than menacing to my timid eyes... I am so afraid that I will make it through the first leg of the course and then not have anything left for the second loop. As flat as everyone tells me it is, it looks kind of hilly to my eyes. Maybe my legs won't notice the inclines because they are gradual enough... but I think about how I feel doing the course at Springbrook and how cashed my legs are after going around that one time.. and I am petrified that they are going to feel the same way at the end of this course. Thankfully, there is a good stretch of course that IS really flat.. but there are some hills on the back half of the course that have me fretting mightily.

Unfortunately, the naysayers and jokemakers have gotten the better of me today. I have spent a better part of last night and this morning talking myself up, telling myself not to pay attention... but there a few people that I work with that have made jokes about making sure there is an ambulance near by, and that I should have my heart checked out before racing...and that I should pray that it rains so that I can bow out gracefully by saying "I had intended to race today, but the darn rain... I guess I just can't" without looking like I quit. I'm glad my attempt at this triathlon is so entertaining and humorous.

I did have a very nice surprise today though, which has given me a sliver of confidence, just knowing that there are so many that believe in me and stand behind me. I'm attaching the pretty flowers I received today, from one of my cheerleaders :)





I only hope that I can meet the expectations that everyone has ... well and myself...I hope that I can do this, for myself.. to prove to myself, that I can ... and make everyone proud.

~Millie

0 comments: