Thursday, June 3, 2010

As If I Needed My Week to Get Any Worse

It wanst so bad when I woke up this morning. I felt pretty good as I left for the pool However, the pool was crowded, as usual. Tried swimming outside, but apparently, the "Lifetime police" have started to patrol the outside pools, resulting in no swimmers allowed in the outside lap lanes.
The inside pool was finally starting to free up with more people swimming outside, but because they don't have a lifeguard that early in the morning, no lap swimmers allowed. Seriously, they are lap swimmers, swimming in four feet of water. They obviously are fairly astute swimmers considering that they are LAP SWIMMING. And, we don't have a lifeguard in the INSIDE pool, why on earth would one be needed in the outside pool? Whatever Lifetime... seriously you have bigger things to worry about. Like why adult women would drop a gag-inducing #2 in the toilet and not bother to flush it- are we really four years old?

I got home, intent on doing a nice long bike ride to raise my confidence, and to maintain my muscle memory. I was feeling great, doing a nice long stretch, I hit my enorphin rush and kicked it up a notch. I was biking up a hill when all the sudden I feel myself jolt hard forward, putting way too much weight on my arms. I'm like "what the heck?" and I try to shift my weight so I 'm not leaning so far forward. No such luck. I slow down, and begin to dismount from my bike, when the seat lurches forward forcing me to lose my balance and fall off my bike. Thankfully I was almost competely stopped so it was more a loss of balance than a full fledged fall, but regardless, it was embarrassing. I take a look at the seat, and it is at an odd angle dipped sharply forward and to the right. I try to jostle it back into position and no go. I figure, we'll I'm only 2 miles from home ( of course today is the day my cell phone battery died on my way home, so it was charging at my house as I was out on my bike) and I decide to ride back. I make it maybe a block, when the seat loosens even more, to the point that the bike is unrideable. In frustration I pound the seat- and it falls right off. So now, me, the tub, has to walk my bike almost 2 miles back to my house, bike seat in hand.

All I could focus on the whole time was how people must be looking at me thinking "haha look at the chub, too heavy for her bike, broke her seat" It was humiliating, and exhausting. It took me at least thrity minutes probably more to get home. And the whole time, those seeds of doubt turned into full blown thorny bushes. And I seriously am questioning what the hell I am doing.

I need to buy a new seat. Riding the seat when it wasn't probably aligned bent the frame of the seat. It figures. :( Now, I'm going to have to get used to a new seat with only about a week left until the Tri. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do.

On top of that, I get home, and my main computer is totally fried. I bought an external hard drive (because of course nothing on the m effer is backed up :( ) and I can't even get the computer to stay operational long enough to install the external. It;s just one problem after another this week. I don't know how much more I can take.

So, now, I need a new bike and a new computer. Thankfully I have a laptop to use, but with 2 students in one house, we use both laptops and a main computer during the school year. And, all of the programs we utilize for school are of course on the computer that apparently already has a foot in the grave.

I'm so glad the weekend is almost here, I'm just on bad luck overload. Hopefully I can get a bike seat and still have enough time to workout on Saturday. That was supposed to be my last long workout before I start tapering to recover before next Sunday. Hopefully this is the end of the road for the line of bad luck. I can't deal with anymore roadblocks.

~Millie

0 comments: