Saturday, July 17, 2010

An Unintended Hiatus

Hey! Remember me? So, maybe my lack of posting made you feel as cheap as a college girl after a one night stand... after all the support you gave me all through the Triathlon, only to suddenly fall of the planet. Yeah, I know- my bad. I really hadn't intended to take this long of a hiatus. My last posting is from like June 30th...and the one previous to that was just after my triathlon. Of course, blogging hasn't been the only thing I took a break from (unintentionally, of course). My motivation just took a nose dive. And, maybe I've spent more days on the 9-5 diet than I care to admit.... (for those of you scratching your head, eating really well all day, only to jump the rails come dinner time) but I am back, and I am focused. My motivation meter is all filled up again, and ready to chug along.

Three weeks to go until the next Triathlon. Somehow, because we are doing it as a relay Tri, and the swim portion is so much shorter than my Tri had been, I guess I just had be kind of lacsidaisical about the whole training thing. But, three weeks left, it is time to move. In a normal swim workout I can do a 400 in about five ish minutes. My goal is to be able to maintain that time in the open water with all the big buff men creating hurricane Katrina like waves in the water.

I joined Weight Watchers with a friend of mine... well we will be weighing in and attending meetings at different locations, but still we're in it to win it together. And, just as I suspected (and- proving my husband wrong was the added bonus) I have totally been under consuming calories. Like, big time. Weight watchers is on the points system, so I'm not sure how the calories would convert, but to give you an idea, for THIRTY minutes of Lap Swimming (maintaing a 50 in under 50 seconds) gives me an extra EIGHT points a day! Thats like almost another meal in points value. Just based on that, the 1800 calories I was eating, was definitely not enough for someone who was working out 2 1/2 hours a day!

We'll see how this goes. My plan going forward is swim every morning- elliptical or strength training, every day after work, for a total of 1 hour and fifteen minutes of exercise a day. That's what I'm shooting for anyway.

Alright, I hate to post and leave but I have plans for the husbands birthday tonight and I must start getting ready.

Have a great weekend!

~Millie

0 comments: