Saturday, July 24, 2010

First Weeks Weigh In

As I said last week, I joined Weight Watchers. Mainly because after spending all this time training for the triathlon, I still only lost FOUR flipping pounds. So, I need to have focus and know, OK I worked out x amount this time, I should be compensating X amount in return.

I weighed in last week- shocked to find out the massive difference between my home scale and the WW scale- and attended my first meeting. The week went fine. Got my "activity points" for swimming, and even got some "activity points" for things like cutting the grass and housework. So, we were supposed to spend the weekend with my grandpa, and so I decided to weigh in Friday night. Big Mistake. I gained 2 ounces- I know, two ounces big flippin deal, but its still a bummer seeing a plus sign instead of a minus sign on your little weigh in card.

It has taken a lot of effort to know sabotage or derail myself because of my disappointment. I also have to keep reminding myself that unlike a lot of people who are joining weight watchers- they are going from 0% to diet so their first few weeks of weightloss are going to be more significant, because their bodies are like "holy cow- I'm moving, I'm eating well- this is a massive shock to my system" But, since I've been crazy training most of this year and ninety percent of what I eat is healthy - the weigh ins are not going to be nearly as exciting. I guess I did not mentally prepare myself enough for that.

I did WW back in 2002 and I remember my first few weeks I posted huge losses- like four, five and six pounds. But at that time i was going from totally sedintary to activity.

I guess I must be in some kind of funk, because my attitude has turned kind of BLAH towards everything. Swimming- Blah. Weightloss- woo - Maybe its just been a summer of total over committment, perhaps I'm overly tired. Or maybe I just need to find other things that switch things up again.

A friend of mine and I are starting Pilates on Monday. It should be an interesting endeavor. THe two of us will be like circus clowns twisting and turning our ballon bodies into circus animals.

I'm stepping up my swimming. I've been swimming three times a week, but with the Triathlon in two weeks, I want to make sure I am as fast as possible in my leg. Classes start in three filliping weeks- I can't believe summer has flown by so quickly! :(

Anyhow- Swim, Pretzel myself in Pilates, and hopefully start some strength training. Those, are the goals for the week.

~Millie

0 comments: