Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Hiatus

On Saturday, between Christmas present stops, the ball and chain and I decided to take a rest at Barnes and Noble. I bought the current issue of Triathlete magazine, and there was an Ad in there for something I can't remember of a guy on a couch with his swim gear next to him, his running shoes on, and a bike behind him (snow in the window) and in brief summary suggested that one should not allow themselves to get fat and lazy over the wintertime, when weather may prevent them from training as they want to. All I could do is laugh, because if that wasn't the sign-i-est sign on the planet I don't know what is. So I bought the magazine (it had some great other articles in there as well- and NOTE- if you need help on your flip turn, there is an excellent article giving you the breakdown of a flip turn- I highly recommend checking it out.

Anyhow, school is over for a bit woohoo! So, it's time to refocus. I'm currently only registered for one class next semester- because funds are ridiculously low right now, and well, in all honesty it's all I can afford to take considering all the dough were spending on the ball and chain for his classes next semester. I'm hoping to at least get one or two more in, but I have to wait and see how funds develop post Christmas. Ive decided to invest in myself for this upcoming year. I know in the previous breath I just said our school funds are low, and I should really be spending my holiday bonus for another class, but I decided that buying a BodyMedia monitoring system would in the long run be very beneficial to every goal that I have.

If you haven't seen them (most noticed on the contestants in the Biggest Loser) they are essentially a little mini computer you wear on your arm twenty four hours a day, that calculates how many calories your burn, how many calories you are eating, how well you are sleeping and overall body chemistry. And, if you remember last summer when I said "I wish I could figure out exactly how much I should be eating while training... well after doing a whole lot of research, it looks like this is what I have been looking for. So, I'm excited to try it. I haven't ordered it yet, I'm going to wait until just after Christmas, in all honesty I'm hoping its going to go on sale- because spending $300 on myself has me riddled with guilt. Anyhow, I will let you all know when I get it and the updates on how well it is working.

Christmas is only a few days away, I still have a whole heck of a lot to do before the holiday. Thankfully Amazon has been my best friend this Christmas. And the Amazon Student Prime is seriously, the best thing since sliced bread (2 day shipping for $3.99 the BEST! I love it) Ninety percent of my holiday shopping was done online this semester, so yay for Amazon.

I'm hoping to start working out again next week. My body is seriously falling apart. And I don't know if its from lack of exercise, lack of sleep or poor sleep, spending so many hours in front of computers either at work or at home and rotating between using the main computer in my office or using my laptop - but pretty much everything on my left side of my body hurts in some way shape or form. It started with my elbow pre-triathlon. Then it sort of got better (more like spread to my shoulder) and now I have flaming hot flashes of pain in the muscles on the back side of my collarbone (I dont remember what muscle group that is) and it happens inexplicably and totally at random.

If that isn't bad enough, my ankle got hurt running the 5k which healed, but now I have almost like sciatica in my left side lower back- and if I walk too long, I get knots in the muscles of my lower back/upper butt. Only on my left side. So, as a result of that, Im pretty sure my gait has changed which has now resulted in hurting my knee on my right side of my body. Seriously I;m not kidding my whole body is falling apart. Im hoping that it's just that my joints are all creaky and rusty from not working out (I read something somewhere that constant exercise lubes the joints) - lets hope thats all it is.

Three weeks of reprieve before the demands of school start again (well, hopefully the demands of school lol the lonely little one class I have now wont be very demanding - it would be a cake walk compared to these past few semesters, but we all know thats not how I roll lol)

I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas!

~MIllie :)

0 comments: