Friday, October 9, 2009

Polar Bear Swim

Well, considering winter hasn't officially come yet, and fall is just begining I'm sure you are probably wondering why I would entitle my post "Polar Bear Swim' well, that is what I felt like when I got into the pool today. Oh My Goodness lifetime... Its called HEAT....lets try it! The pool was glacial. I mean, I shaved this morning, and now you wouldn't know it! Freezing with a capital F. Insane. Nothing says feel goodness like walking in the rain from the parking lot to the gym, putting on a damp, cold bathing suit (from said rain) - forgot an umbrella and you always have to park at the ass end of the parking lot at my gym, and then jumping into a freezing cold pool. Loves.It.

Anyhow, I have come to realize that what I eat at lunch and whether or not I have a snack before I work out make all the difference. Wednesday, I ate a 100 calorie pack of Almonds at about 4:00. Today, I had a tiny lunch and no snack- I got in the pool swam a 100 and thought I was going to die. mental note pack snacks.

I really need to be better about my food choices. With classes I find myself eating really late (like on my way home from class at 10:00 and yes, that usually means going through a drive through. Usually, I'm embarrassed to admit, it's Taco Bell. Well, actually only on Thursday classes because the effin thing is right across the street from my school. Even on days that I don't have class though I find I am so busy that I'm snacking instead of eating a meal. This weekend, aside form homework- my husband and i are planning on drawing up a menu for the week and trying to pre- prepare as much as possible for the week so that we don't run into the same situation.

I also today got a lesson in controlling emotional triggers. There is a certain person that I have to deal with every day. This person is miserable, spiteful, jealous, must be the center of attention at all times, and complains constantly. They are a total negative force to me and the people around me. They were exceeding miserable today bitching and moaning about everything. And FINALLY without being confrontational, without getting upset or forgetting what I wanted to say because I get so shaken, the past two days I have been able to stand up for myself and put this idiot in their place. Halleujiah! Its one brick in a long path I'll have to clear for myself.. but I am so done with unhappy people. Just because they are miserable, that is not something I need to take on and let it ruin my day. And it felt really really great to be able to work these things out in my head... its been great distraction while exercising to think about this stuff and have it worked out before I get home and allow it to ruin my night, my weekend, or whatever.

I have too many things to focus on, that wasting my energies on unhappy miserable people that will always be in the situation they are in because they lack the motivation to change anything is totally useless.

Yay! Me! Hell yeah!

~Millie

0 comments: